We Are A Leading Integrated Solutions Provider for the SBSR & O&G IndustriesLabuan Shipyard & Engineering Sdn. Bhd. (LSE), a subsidiary of Radimax Group Sdn. Bhd., and Sapura Energy Berhad (formerly known as SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad), is a leading integrated solutions provider for both the shipbuilding and ship repair (SBSR) and oil & gas (O&G) industry in the Asia-Pacific region.
Our main operations are located on a 60-acre fabrication yard in the Federal Territory of Labuan, Malaysia, an idyllic duty-free island lying in the opening of the Brunei bay at 5°18’ North and 115°15’ East. Since its existence in 1972, the yard has been enjoying deep water access, shelter from monsoons and most importantly a strategic location close to the heart of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the South China Sea. The yard also possesses a 28 acre land bank on the island to cater for future expansions.
As at December 2021, we have achieved an astonishing feat of more than 25 million accumulated man-hours worked without any loss time injury (LTI). In 2014, LSE became the first shipyard in Borneo and East Malaysia to be accredited with the ISO Integrated Management System (IMS). In 2019, LSE became the first shipyard in Borneo and East Malaysia to have its own bollard pull testing facility on-site, within its own premises, offering value-added service and convenience to all our customers. More information about our bollard pull testing facility and other facilities are available on the SHIPYARD SERVICES & FACILITIES page.
In addition to possessing a free-port status, LSE looks forward to building its reputation as a shipyard and fabricator of choice in the region offering safe and cost-effective integrated solutions for customers in both the marine industry and oil & gas industry.
|COMPANY NAME||Labuan Shipyard & Engineering Sdn. Bhd.|
|ROC NO.||200501028819 (710954-H)|
|MOF REGISTRATION NO.||357-02077437|
|LICENSES & APPROVALS||• PETRONAS License to undertake Minor Fabrication jobs|
• Approval to operate own private jetty enabling direct loading/unloading of materials and equipment at the shipyard
|AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS||• Accredited with ISO Integrated Management System (All 3 main certifications: ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System, and ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System)|
• Awarded 5-star rating under MIDES Competitiveness Rating For Enhancement (MCORE) by Malaysia’s Ministry of Defence (MINDEF)
• Certified 5S by Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC)
• Registered and certified with Malaysia’a Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)
|OUR ADVANTAGES||• Proved safety track record of over 24 million man-hours without LTI|
• Located on duty-free island, with zero ‘0’-rated Sales Services Tax (SST)
• In-house production engineering, supported by external FEED design houses (local & international)
• 24/7 round-the-clock shipyard services
• Experienced in maintenance, servicing and repair works of various vessels
• Able to provide bollard pull testing services on site
• Experienced in the construction of a wide range of vessels of various sizes
• Wide-range and full-control of our own assets (facilities and equipment) provides faster accessibility and usage flexibility
VISION & MISSION
Labuan Shipyard & Engineering Sdn Bhd (LSE), a subsidiary of Radimax Group Sdn Bhd and Sapura Energy Berhad (formerly known as SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad), was incorporated on 26 September 2005 and took over the facilities, operations and all business activities of Sabah Shipyard Sdn. Bhd.